Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Greatest Albums Of All Time

A short time ago my revered (not so) old friend Steve Andrews posted his list of the greatest 10 albums of all time on Facebook. I promised a response so here it is :

1. Something/Anything Todd Rundgren

2. Is this it ? The Strokes

3. As if to nothing Craig Armstrong

4. Soft Machine III

5. Revolver Beatles

6. Hissing Of Summer Lawns Joni Mitchell

7. Blonde On Blonde Bob Dylan

8. Ga,ga,ga,ga Spoon

9. Cold Roses Ryan Adams

10. Greatest Hits Neil Young ( a "cop out" - I know)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love all Dylan, Neil Young and Joni albums so I'm glad to see them in there. I can't comment on the albus by Sppon, Ryan Adams, Craig Armstrong and The Strokes cos I've not heard them. Revolver is one of The Beatles best. I may get round to doing one for bands some time. The one I did was all songwriters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig Armstrong you must hear (modern classical),Ryan Adams is a 27 year old C&W genius ( a Neil young in the making). Spoon are from Austin Texas and either your thing or not (obviously mine) and you MUST have heard of the Strokes ?????????

    ReplyDelete